The mission of the NCHSAA is to provide governance and leadership for interscholastic athletic programs that support and enrich the educational experience of students. In keeping with that mission, the NCHSAA offers many award and recognition programs which highlight outstanding performances by our members.Every May, the NCHSAA holds their Annual Meeting where most of these recognitions are awarded. Also see Hall of Fame
- NCHSAA Athlete of the YearThe top athletic award which any athlete in the North Carolina High School Athletic Association can earn.
- NCHSAA Scholar-Athlete AwardThis program recognizes excellence in the classroom as well as on the playing court or field. The program includes recognition of varsity teams that attain certain grades as well as individual athletes.
- NCHSAA Endowed Fund ScholarshipsThanks to the generosity of many donors, the NCHSAA Endowed Fund offers several scholarships to eligible student-athletes of NCHSAA member schools.
- Performance of the WeekEach week throughout the year, the NCHSAA, with the help of a special selection committee, will select a male and female athlete based upon their athletic performance from the preceding week. Nominations can be made by family, friends, school administrators or members of the media.
- Student Services AwardsAwards sponsored by the NCHSAA Student Services Program for student-athletes.
- Heart of a Champion
- Team Recognition Program
- Spirit of Sport
- Commissioner's Cup
- NCHSAA Exemplary School Award Nomination FormApril Deadline | This award is given as a cooperative venture among the NCHSAA, the North Carolina Coaches Association and the North Carolina Athletic Directors Association. In addition to a trophy and a banner for display, each school which earns this honor receives a $1000 cash award.
- Varsity Brand Awards
- Wells Fargo Cup
- Toby Webb Outstanding Coach AwardEstablished in 2005/06 through the NCHSAA Endowment Fund and generous donations from Toby Webb supporters, the Toby Webb 'Outstanding Coach Award' recognizes two outstanding coaches annually, one male and one female.
- Homer Thompson Memorial "Eight Who Make A Difference" AwardThis award recognizes eight coaches who exemplify good sportsmanship and are positive role models for student-athletes.