Aug 3, 2021
Currently, there are no plans to create a detailed adjusted guidelines document, such as last year’s modified sports manual.
To help schools plan sports and activities, the NCHSAA has offered a 2021-2022 NCHSAA Sports Guidelines for Best Practices. (Click below to download a PDF copy of the guidelines)
- NCHSAA policies are subject to change, in keeping with any Governor’s Executive Orders.
- Member schools have autonomy for their respective home events during the regular season to enforce more restrictive policies/requirements.
- Once the competition begins, competing schools are responsible for communicating with one another regarding any face-covering policies and/or spectator requirements well in advance of scheduled contests.
- Exceptions for face coverings should be communicated between competing school athletic administrators prior to the contest.
- When required, face coverings should be properly worn—properly worn means covering both the nose and mouth.
- Contact and work with the Local Health Department with your COVID issues and concerns in the county.
Important Resources from NCDHHS: