The NCHSAA Board of Directors has been hard at work conducting the business of the Association, completing the Spring Meeting today. Board members were hard at work addressing changes necessitated by the Association’s agreement (MOU) with the State Board of Education. The Board took action on many items during its meeting. Highlights are as follows:
- Sanctioned the addition of Women’s Wrestling for the 2023-2024 athletic year.
- Sanctioned the addition of a 4A Classification State Championship in Women’s Lacrosse, effective 2022-2023.
- Approved a Five Quarter Rule for basketball allowing students to participate in five quarters of play in a single day. This was done to promote and sustain junior varsity programs across the state.
- Approved a 5% distribution from interest earned on the Association’s General Endowment Fund to member schools, including a 5.05% distribution from the Education/Health and Safety Endowment Fund.
- Approved Membership Fees remaining at $1.00 per pupil for 2022-2023. Board eliminated the $100 administrative fee for all member schools, effective 2022-2023.
- Revised NCHSAA revenue share to 20% for all Fourth Round contests in all team and bracketed sports. As a reminder, as a result of the MOU, the Association will receive its share in all rounds from the net revenues of all playoff and championships, rather than the gross receipts.