POST DATE: October 3, 2019
The following are vacant Regional Supervisor positions:
||Triangle Association Women’s Lacrosse
The position calls for an individual who understands the game and has the ability to teach and train officials. Observation, evaluation, development, and recruitment will be expected job performance factors. The individual should have skills related to technology for web site development, video review, and teaching/learning skills via electronic medium.
The deadline for applications is Thursday, October 24. Anyone interested in applying for the position (be specific of the local association opening for which you are making an application) should send a letter of application, resume, and a list of references (minimum of 3) to the attention of:
Mark Dreibelbis, Supervisor of Officials
P.O. Box 3216
Chapel Hill, NC 27515
Selection Process for Regional Supervisors
The following process will be used by all Regional officials’ associations whenever a Regional supervisor is to be replaced or a new Regional officials association is formed.
- The NCHSAA will appoint a Selection Committee composed of local officials, coaches, athletic directors, principals, and superintendents from the schools served plus an NCHSAA Board of Directors member or former Board member.
- The Chairperson of the Selection Committee will be appointed by the NCHSAA office.
- The NCHSAA and/or Committee Chairperson will send a vacancy announcement to all members of the local Regional official’s association of that sport and will post the position opening on the NCHSAA website.
- The vacancy announcement will include:
A list of eligibility requirements to include:
- The selected Regional supervisor will not be allowed to officiate the sport in contests being booked unless approved in advance and in writing by the NCHSAA.
- The selected Regional supervisor must be available to the schools, as well as the officials.
- The selected Regional supervisor will be required to recruit, teach, train, and evaluate officials.
- The selected Regional supervisor must have access to current electronic availabilities to effectively manage their assigning responsibilities.
A request for candidates’ resume of experience, proposed plans for association improvement and list of references.
A deadline for submission of an application to the NCHSAA office.
The NCHSAA Supervisor of Officials will review the applications. The NCHSAA will then furnish the Committee Chairperson with a listing of qualified candidates to be interviewed.
Each candidate approved by the NCHSAA may be eligible to be interviewed by the Selection Committee. A maximum number of interview candidates will be set by the NCHSAA. The Committee Chairperson will notify each candidate regarding the time of the interview, length of the interview, and date/location of the interview.
All new regional supervisors must use the NCHSAA approved assigning software (currently ArbiterSports).
After all interviews have been completed, the Selection Committee will recommend to the NCHSAA the individual(s) they deem most prepared to meet the qualification standards for the Regional supervisor vacancy. The Committee Chairperson will forward the committee’s recommendation to the NCHSAA for final review.
The NCHSAA Supervisor of Officials, or designee, will have the right to interview the nominated candidate(s) and finalize the recommendation to the NCHSAA Board of Directors for approval.
After the NCHSAA gives its final approval of the candidate, the NCHSAA will notify all candidates of the selection. The announcement of the selection will be made upon approval of the NCHSAA Board of Directors.