NCHSAA ENDOWMENT FUND GOALS
To create and preserve opportunities for student-athletes involved in NCHSAA member schools, and related NCHSAA programs and services;
To provide a vehicle through which citizens of North Carolina can become involved in active support of a wholesome program that produces lasting values;
To ensure that the Association can continue to provide quality programs and services, including Olympic sports, classified championships, and special programs (i.e., scholarships, grants, subsidies, etc.) in perpetuity.
DID YOU KNOW??
- Since the inception of the NCHSAA Endowment Fund the Association has distributed over $18.6 million to member schools?
- In 2020-2021 the NCHSAA distributed more than $5.7 million through the COVID-19 Athletic Program Subsidy (CAPS) initiative and regular end-of-year Endowment Distribution.
2020-2021 Endowment Distribution Formula
The Endowment Advisory Committee recommended, and the Board of Directors approved, that 7% of the 3-year average of General Endowment total values be distributed to the member schools utilizing a distribution formula to calculate each school’s share. The distribution formula was as follows:
Determine the Constant
- Take 2020-2021 ADM number and add $100 admin. fee for each school = ‘Membership Dues’.
- Add total ‘Membership Dues’ amount and subtract from determined distribution amount.
- Split the resulting balance evenly between all schools to determine the ‘Constant’.
Determine the Adjusted Base
- Using ISP% for each member school for last three years (2017/18, 2018/19 2019/20), determine ‘Average ISP%’. (Note: ISP data from SDPI; if a school did not have an ISP, 1.0 was used in calculations.)
- Multiply ISP% by .01 and add 1 to get ‘ISP Multiplier’.
- Multiple the ‘Constant’ by I’SP Multiplier’ to determine ‘Adjusted Base’ amount.
- Add Adjusted base amount to Membership Dues amount for Distribution per school.