Basics of Student Accident/Athletic Insurance
Below is information related to the insurance program available to NCHSAA member schools for student accident and athletic coverage, which is voluntary, in addition to the mandatory catastrophic coverage which schools purchase as part of their membership responsibilities.
Questions from schools about any portion of the program may be addressed via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 12 month policy
- Basic Student Accident/Athletic – provides coverage with LIMITED benefits up to $ 25,000
- Basic Athletic Insurance provides coverage for athletes, coaches, trainers, cheerleaders and sideline volunteers if included in the athletic count
- Catastrophic Insurance – provides coverage from $ 25,000 paid medical expenses to $ 1 m
- Catastrophic Insurance includes athletes, coaches and trainers
- Report any potential Catastrophic claim to Mandy Lance, Insurance Administrator or American Advantage
- REMEMBER, BENEFITS ARE LIMITED AND ARE NOT INTENDED TO PAY 100%
- Coverage includes Weight Training and Conditioning year round
- Coverage includes any school sponsored/supervised team event
- All Athletic coverage includes cheerleaders
- Benefits include coverage for heat exhaustion and stroke
- Benefits include travel directly to and from school sponsored/supervised events include nonhired auto
- Mandatory and Voluntary insurance includes coverage for fighting injuries to the NONAGGRESSOR insured.
- Claim forms and directions are available below
- It is the parent’s responsibility to fill out the claim form completely.
- Claim form must be signed by a school official.