Volleyball Round Table Discussion
- Match Limits 22 matches
- Tri-Matches: Count against season and weekly limit
- Matches played in 2/3 format must be entered in DragonFly/MaxPreps.
- Only matches played in best 3 of 5 format will count toward RPI rankings
1. NCHSAA Volleyball Seeding: October 20
2. All matches must be correctly entered into MaxPreps by October 19
3. Conference final standings will need to be reported on October 19
4. Preliminary brackets will be released first and then the final brackets
- All playoff matches are three out of five
- NO 2 out 3 matches can be played
- Saturday matches can be played if mutually agreed upon
- Match Time is 7:00 p.m. unless mutually agreed to play at 6:00 p.m.
- Where the distance is more than 100 miles for a visiting team, game time will be 6:00 p.m.
Officials for Playoffs
- For the first two rounds of the playoffs, officials are to be assigned by the local regional supervisor of the higher seeded team.
- After the first two rounds, officials must come from a neutral regional supervisor or an official's association mutually agreed upon
- Regionals – Officiating for regionals will be determined by the NCHSAA and the host school must follow up with the regional supervisor.
- The NCHSAA will make sure the host schools know who the regional supervisor is for their regional match.
Saturday Matches & Postponed Matches
- Saturday – Teams may be play at any time if mutually agreed upon. If teams can’t mutually agree, the higher seeded team may choose a starting time between 1:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. --- or Between 1:00p.m. – 6:00 p.m. if the visiting team is over 100 miles away
- Postponed Games – must be played the next day including Saturday
- Pep Bands of participating schools are not permitted for playoffs
- Banners, Placards, and signs are prohibited
- Face Paint is prohibited
Regional Awards & Game Balls
- A plaque will be presented to the regional champion and runner-up
- The official ball is the Wilson K1 Gold
- The Wilson K1 Silver may be used in Playoffs
Reporting Match Results
Make sure that you are checking MaxPreps to make sure that your matches are pulling from DragonFly and that you do not not have duplicated matches or matches that are not reported.
Student Sections – cheer for your team. We must be cognizant of the situation that we are in right now in our country and allowing anything that could lead to unfortunate incidents should not happen.