The NCHSAA Student Athlete Advisory Council is comprised of 16 members who represent each NCHSAA region and the more than 200,000 athletic participants. Selected SAAC members will come from a diverse pool of rising high school sophomores and juniors who meet the following minimum criteria:
The NCHSAA Student Athlete Advisory Council was developed in order to serve as the voice for student-athletes who participate in NCHSAA programs. They will discuss topics that are relevant to high school student-athletes and develop ways to maintain a positive athletic experience. Each council member is expected to exemplify leadership and sportsmanlike conduct while carrying out the overall missions of the NCHSAA and the Student Services Division.
- Serve a two- or three-year term as a Sophomore, Junior and Senior
- Host the NCHSAA Student Leadership Conference
- Attend all scheduled meetings, including the team building retreat that is held in the summer
- Volunteer to work at one (1) NCHSAA State Championship Event
- Present a SAAC Report at your respective Regional Meeting and the NCHSAA winter and spring Board of Directors' Meeting
- Complete at least one (1) community service project per school year
- Coordinate and Host a student-athlete regional assembly
- Participate in any Public Service Announcement projects
Please note that some SAAC responsibilities may change over the course of a member's term. The Council may be asked to participate in projects that are not listed above.
Nomination & Selection
To nominate a student-athlete for the NCHSAA Student Athlete Advisory Council, please review the nomination packet and discuss with your coaches, teachers, and counselors.
Efforts will be made to ensure that as many NCHSAA sports are represented as possible across the eight regions. Our office will accept Nomination Applications from February 1 through April 1 of each year. Final selections will be made by the end of April. The selected memebers will be informed and sent infomration regarding SAAC responsibilities.