Senior Director of Student Programs and Sports
Chiquana Dancy began working at the NCHSAA in September 2004 after receiving a BA degree in Political Science from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She completed her graduate coursework at Northeastern University, receiving a Masters in Sports Leadership.
As Senior Director of Student Programs and Sports, Chiquana is responsible for overseeing all of the student services department’s offerings, including but not limited to sportsmanship initiatives and leadership programs. Her sports and championship role include Cross Country, Indoor Track, Softball, Track and Field, Volleyball, and Women's Basketball programs.
Originally from Princeville/Tarboro, NC, Chiquana graduated from Tarboro High School, where she participated in Cheerleading, Track, Volleyball and was a member of the D.R.E.A.M. Team.
Sports and Championships
- Fall Sports - Volleyball, Cross Country
- Winter Sports - Indoor Track, Women's Basketball
- Spring Sports - Track and Field, Softball
- Coaches Clinic
- Coaches Education and Compliance
- Coach and Captain Retreat
- D.R.E.A.M (Daring to Role Model Excellence ad Athletic Mentors)
- SASI (Student-Athlete Summer Institute)
- PATH (Peer Athlete Team Helpers)
- Unified Champion Schools
- SAAC (Student-Athlete Advisory Council)
- Coaches Workshop
- Student Leadership Conference