From 2019-20 NCHSAA Handbook:
3.3.1 (a) (5) Swimming: A referee and two (2) stroke and turn judges are required for meets involving using six (6) or less lanes. A referee and three (3) stroke and turn judges are required for meets using more than six (6) lanes. Meets must have the proper number of officials in order for times to be used for regional entry. If a meet is using manual timing, and only one timer per lane is used, the meet may be conducted, but the times cannot be used for regional entry.
3.3.1 (a) (6) Diving: To serve on a diving judges’ panel, a high school coach must pass the NCHSAA diving judge test; a USA diving official must be registered as a NCHSAA Official; and all other persons must be registered as a NCHSAA swimming official and pass the NCHSAA diving judge test.
Page 55 Swimming
- Referee $51 flat fee
- Stroke and Turn Judge, Starter $26 flat fee
- Diving Judge $26 flat fee
- Swimming Officials Packet
- Diving Judge - Diving Exam is now housed in Arbiter
- Referee Requirements
- 2019-20 Swimming Officials' Guidelines Manual
- 2019-20 Diving Officials' Guidelines Manual
- 2019-20 NFHS Swimming and Diving Finish Rules-Best Practices
- Suit Coverage Resources