Select a Topic
Information Not Specific to a Sport
- 2013 BB&T/NCHSAA Football Championships Central
- AAA Scholar-Athlete Program
- Accepted Exchange Programs
- Advertise With Us
- Archived Championship Centrals
- Athletes of the Year
- Athletic Directors Information
- Athletic Participation Numbers
- Regional Supervisor Assignments
- Case For High School Athletics
- Code of Conduct
- Core Values and Beliefs
- Ejections Information
- Endowment Corporate Donors
- Hall of Fame
- Health and Safety - (formerly Sports Medicine)
- Heat and Humidity Guidelines
- Host City Partners
- Lighting Standards
- Maps and Directions
- Middle School Information
- Mission Statement
- Open Dates
- Preferred Vendors
- Rules and Regulations
- Severe Weather Guidelines
- Spirit of Sport Award
- Sports Memorabilia Display
- Student Athlete Advisory Council
- Strategic Plan
- Tiebreaking Procedure
- Tobacco, Alcoholic and Controlled Substances
BURLINGTON— Hickory players swept both the singles and doubles crowns in the North Carolina High School Athletic Association state 3-A women’s tennis championships on Saturday at the Burlington Tennis Center.
Hickory’s Emily Mauser completed a great high school career in which she advanced to the state championship match four consecutive times by winning her first state title after three runner-up finishes. Mauser defeated defending champion Cameron Chatman of Jamestown Ragsdale 6-4, 6-1, in the final.
Chatman had beaten Mauser 7-5 and 6-0 in last year’s 3-A singles final.
The Hickory doubles team of Stephani Synn and Stephanie Teague downed Raychel Batts and Lizzie Sodoma of Pikeville C.B. Aycock for the championship in straight 6-2 sets.
Batts and Sodoma had won a long three-set match in their morning semifinal to advance.
The matches were delayed in starting on Saturday due to rain and wet courts after being forced to indoor courts on Friday. Wendy’s and the Carolinas Ford Dealers are the presenting sponsors of the NCHSAA sports program.
NORTH CAROLINA HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION
2006 STATE 3-A WOMEN’S TENNIS CHAMPIONSHIPS
Burlington Tennis Center
Cameron Chatman (Jamestown Ragsdale) def. Lauren Sessoms (Belmont South Point) 6-0, 6-2; Emily Mauser (Hickory) def. Catherine Wood (Jamestown Ragsdale) 6-3, 4-6, 6-2.
Mauser (Hickory) def. Chatman (Ragsdale) 6-4, 6-1.
Raychel Batts-Lizzie Sodoma (Pikeville Charles B. Aycock) def. Lourdes Ros-Katie Cox (Western Guilford) 6-4, 3-6, 7-5; Stephani Synn-Stephanie Teague (Hickory) def. Mya Blue Stauffer-McDowell—Erin Williams (Asheville T.C. Roberson) 6-2, 6-2.
Synn-Teague (Hickory) def. Batts-Sodoma (C.B. Aycock) 6-4, 6-1.