Select a Topic
Information Not Specific to a Sport
- AAA Scholar-Athlete Program
- Accepted Exchange Programs
- Advertise With Us
- Archived Championship Centrals
- Athletes of the Year
- Athletic Directors Information
- Athletic Participation Numbers
- Regional Supervisor Assignments
- Case For High School Athletics
- Code of Conduct
- Core Values and Beliefs
- Ejections Information
- Endowment Corporate Donors
- Hall of Fame
- Health and Safety - (formerly Sports Medicine)
- Heat and Humidity Guidelines
- Host City Partners
- Lighting Standards
- Maps and Directions
- Middle School Information
- Mission Statement
- Open Dates
- Preferred Vendors
- Rules and Regulations
- Severe Weather Guidelines
- Spirit of Sport Award
- Sports Memorabilia Display
- Student Athlete Advisory Council
- Strategic Plan
- Tiebreaking Procedure
- Tobacco, Alcoholic and Controlled Substances
CARY – Junior midfielder Samantha Dunn scored a pair of goals to lead Swansboro to a convincing 5-0 victory over Wilkes Central on Saturday afternoon in the North Carolina High School Athletic Association state
1-A/2-A women’s soccer championship at SAS Soccer Park.
Dunn was named the championship’s Most Valuable Player as Swansboro dominated play en route to its 23rd victory of the year against one loss and one tie. Tawana Jackson also had a pair of assists for the winners.
The young Pirates, with only two seniors on the roster, led 2-0 at the break and were never really threatened, Ashley Mixon recorded the shutout in goal but Wilkes Central rarely had good scoring opportunities,
Wilkes Central, in the NCHSAA soccer finals for the first time, concluded the season 25-3 and had a 14-game winning streak snapped.
NCHSAA 1-A/2-A STATE WOMEN’S SOCCER CHAMPIONSHIP
SAS SOCCER PARK
Swansboro 2 3 -- 5
Wilkes Central 0 0 -- 0
8:44 S – Samantha Dunn.
16:23 S – Lindsay Redfearn (Tawana Jackson)
52:10 S – Samantha Dunn.
60:05 S – Sarah Mann
79:26.5 S – Allison Shedd (Tawana Jackson).