Select a Topic
Information Not Specific to a Sport
- 2013 BB&T/NCHSAA Football Championships Central
- AAA Scholar-Athlete Program
- Accepted Exchange Programs
- Advertise With Us
- Archived Championship Centrals
- Athletes of the Year
- Athletic Directors Information
- Athletic Participation Numbers
- Regional Supervisor Assignments
- Case For High School Athletics
- Code of Conduct
- Core Values and Beliefs
- Ejections Information
- Endowment Corporate Donors
- Hall of Fame
- Health and Safety - (formerly Sports Medicine)
- Heat and Humidity Guidelines
- Host City Partners
- Lighting Standards
- Maps and Directions
- Middle School Information
- Mission Statement
- Open Dates
- Preferred Vendors
- Rules and Regulations
- Severe Weather Guidelines
- Spirit of Sport Award
- Sports Memorabilia Display
- Student Athlete Advisory Council
- Strategic Plan
- Tiebreaking Procedure
- Tobacco, Alcoholic and Controlled Substances
CARY— The top seeds in singles and doubles, both from Raleigh Cardinal Gibbons, went on to take state titles on Saturday in the North Carolina High School Athletic Association men's 2-A tennis championships at the Cary Tennis Center.
Will Rollinson of Cardinal Gibbons beat conference foe Britton Webb of Orange in a tough three-set match in the singles finals that lasted two and a half hours. Rollinson prevailed 6-2, 2-6, 6-3.
Rollinson had defeated previously unbeaten Wiiliam Gray of Kill Devils Hills First Flight in a morning semifinal in straight sets, snapping Gray’s winning streak at 27 matches.
The doubles duo of Clark Howell and Evan Goff won both of their matches on Saturday in straight sets, beating the second-seeded team of Zach Henson and Steve Harenburg of Brevard in the championship match, 6-3, 6-1.
Cardinal Gibbons had four entries in the state event, two in singles and two in doubles, and all had advanced to Saturday’s semifinals.
Wendy's and the Carolinas Ford Dealers are the presenting sponsors for the NCHSAA sports program.
NORTH CAROLINA HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION
2006 STATE 2-A MEN'S TENNIS CHAMPIONSHIPS
Cary Tennis Center, Cary
Will Rollinson (Raleigh Cardinal Gibbons) def. William Gray (Kill Devil Hills First Flight) 6-0, 6-1; Britton Webb (Orange) def. Ryan Daly (Raleigh Cardinal Gibbons) 6-1, 6-2.
Rollinson (Cardinal Gibbons) def. Webb (Orange) 6-2, 2-6, 6-3.
Clark Howell-Evan Goff (Raleigh Cardinal Gibbons) def. Alex Boehling-Collins Small (Edenton Holmes) 6-2, 7-5; Zach Henson-Steve Harenburg (Brevard) def. Jeff Fadool-Jon Fedorkowicz (Raleigh Cardinal Gibbons) 6-2, 6-3.
Howell-Goff (Cardinal Gibbons) def. Henson-Harenburg (Brevard) 6-3, 6-1.