Select a Topic
Information Not Specific to a Sport
- 2013 BB&T/NCHSAA Football Championships Central
- AAA Scholar-Athlete Program
- Accepted Exchange Programs
- Advertise With Us
- Archived Championship Centrals
- Athletes of the Year
- Athletic Directors Information
- Athletic Participation Numbers
- Regional Supervisor Assignments
- Case For High School Athletics
- Code of Conduct
- Core Values and Beliefs
- Ejections Information
- Endowment Corporate Donors
- Hall of Fame
- Health and Safety - (formerly Sports Medicine)
- Heat and Humidity Guidelines
- Host City Partners
- Lighting Standards
- Maps and Directions
- Middle School Information
- Mission Statement
- Open Dates
- Preferred Vendors
- Rules and Regulations
- Severe Weather Guidelines
- Spirit of Sport Award
- Sports Memorabilia Display
- Student Athlete Advisory Council
- Strategic Plan
- Tiebreaking Procedure
- Tobacco, Alcoholic and Controlled Substances
East scored 240 points to 190.5 for runner-up Cardinal Gibbons, followed by Mount Airy (176), Hillsborough Cedar Ridge (134) and Reidsville (119).
Johnny Hagaman of Black Mountain Charles D. Owen was voted the Most Valuable Performer in the menís meet, setting a pair of 1-A/2-A marks.
Cardinal Gibbons blew the field away in the womenís meet rolling up 430 points to 169 for second-place Raleigh Charter. Mount Airy was third with 106, with Surry Central (90) in fourth and East Lincoln (86) in fifth.
Melanie Roberts of Cardinal Gibbons and Teresa Long of Raleigh Charter shared the MVP honors in the womenís competition, both setting a pair of marks that were all-American times.
A total of 38 schools tallied points in the menís meet while 33 schools scored in the womenís competition.
The 3-A and 4-A championships will be held next weekend.