Select a Topic
Information Not Specific to a Sport
- AAA Scholar-Athlete Program
- Accepted Exchange Programs
- Advertise With Us
- Archived Championship Centrals
- Athletes of the Year
- Athletic Directors Information
- Athletic Participation Numbers
- Regional Supervisor Assignments
- Case For High School Athletics
- Code of Conduct
- Core Values and Beliefs
- Ejections Information
- Endowment Corporate Donors
- Hall of Fame
- Health and Safety - (formerly Sports Medicine)
- Heat and Humidity Guidelines
- Host City Partners
- Lighting Standards
- Maps and Directions
- Middle School Information
- Mission Statement
- Open Dates
- Preferred Vendors
- Rules and Regulations
- Severe Weather Guidelines
- Spirit of Sport Award
- Sports Memorabilia Display
- Student Athlete Advisory Council
- Strategic Plan
- Tiebreaking Procedure
- Tobacco, Alcoholic and Controlled Substances
SHRINE BOWL COACHES NAMED
CHARLOTTE—Burton Cates, the head football coach at Lee Senior High School in Sanford, will be the head coach for the North Carolina all-star team in the 77th annual Shrine Bowl of the Carolinas, according to an announcement on the Shrine Bowl website.
Cates was a highly successful coach at Eastern Randolph before moving to Lee.
Joining him on the North Carolina staff will be Blair Hardin of Porter Ridge, Darryl Brown of Southern Guilford, Randy Raper of Northern Nash, Plymouth’s Robert Cody and Mark Little of West Columbus. Also on the staff will be Phil Tate, who is an assistant coach at South Point in Belmont.
Every December the top seniors from North Carolina meet their counterparts from South Carolina in the Shrine Bowl, which is currently played at Gibbs Stadium on the Wofford College campus in Spartanburg, S.C.
Last year the five Shrine Temples in North and South Carolina raised $1,357,620.12 for the Shriners Hospital For Children.