Select a Topic
Information Not Specific to a Sport
- AAA Scholar-Athlete Program
- Accepted Exchange Programs
- Advertise With Us
- Archived Championship Centrals
- Athletes of the Year
- Athletic Directors Information
- Athletic Participation Numbers
- Regional Supervisor Assignments
- Case For High School Athletics
- Core Values and Beliefs
- Ejections Information
- Endowment Corporate Donors
- Hall of Fame
- Health and Safety - (formerly Sports Medicine)
- Heat and Humidity Guidelines
- Host City Partners
- Lighting Standards
- Maps and Directions
- Middle School Information
- Mission Statement
- Open Dates
- Preferred Vendors
- Rules and Regulations
- Severe Weather Guidelines
- Spirit of Sport Award
- Sports Memorabilia Display
- Student Athlete Advisory Council
- Strategic Plan
- Tiebreaking Procedure
- Tobacco, Alcoholic and Controlled Substances
VETERAN OFFICIAL LEO PEGRAM DIES
CARY—Long-time game official Leo Pegram died on Monday at the age of 80.
Pegram officiated both basketball and football for 43 years for the North Carolina High School Athletic Association. Born in Chatham County and a graduate of Apex High School, he was employed by the North Carolina Department of Transportation for 40 years before retiring.
He was also involved with Little League Baseball and other sports programs in the area.
The family will receive friends from 6 pm to 8 pm tonight (Thursday) at Brown-Wynne Funeral home in Cary.
The funeral will be held on Friday morning at eleven o’clock at Greenwood Forest Baptist Church, where he was a charter member. Memorials may be made to Greenwood Forest Baptist Church Memorial Fund, 110 SE Maynard Road, Cary, NC 27511.