Select a Topic
Information Not Specific to a Sport
- 2013 BB&T/NCHSAA Football Championships Central
- AAA Scholar-Athlete Program
- Accepted Exchange Programs
- Advertise With Us
- Archived Championship Centrals
- Athletes of the Year
- Athletic Directors Information
- Athletic Participation Numbers
- Regional Supervisor Assignments
- Case For High School Athletics
- Code of Conduct
- Core Values and Beliefs
- Ejections Information
- Endowment Corporate Donors
- Hall of Fame
- Health and Safety - (formerly Sports Medicine)
- Heat and Humidity Guidelines
- Host City Partners
- Lighting Standards
- Maps and Directions
- Middle School Information
- Mission Statement
- Open Dates
- Preferred Vendors
- Rules and Regulations
- Severe Weather Guidelines
- Spirit of Sport Award
- Sports Memorabilia Display
- Student Athlete Advisory Council
- Strategic Plan
- Tiebreaking Procedure
- Tobacco, Alcoholic and Controlled Substances
HOWARD WEST HITS BIG NUMBER IN BASKETBALL
PFAFFTOWN-- Howard West of Reagan High School has achieved an amazing milestone that very few men's basketball coaches have ever hit.
According to the Winston-Salem Journal, West earned his 700th career coaching victory on December 11 when his Reagan team beat Lexington 67-55.
West, who is in his 40th year of coaching, for many years guided the R.J. Reynolds basketball program.
West is one of only three coaches to have hit the 700 milestone in North Carolina. The all-time leader is the late Harvey Reid, whose teams, primarily at Wilson Fike, won 818 games while losing 206 in a 41-year career cut short by his untimely death.
Butch Smart, who began his career in Louisiana and then coached for many years at Highlands, a 1-A school in the North Carolina mountains, finished his career with 708 victories.
Our congratulations to coach Howard West on this monumental achievement!