Select a Topic
Information Not Specific to a Sport
- AAA Scholar-Athlete Program
- Accepted Exchange Programs
- Advertise With Us
- Archived Championship Centrals
- Athletes of the Year
- Athletic Directors Information
- Athletic Participation Numbers
- Regional Supervisor Assignments
- Case For High School Athletics
- Core Values and Beliefs
- Ejections Information
- Endowment Corporate Donors
- Hall of Fame
- Health and Safety - (formerly Sports Medicine)
- Heat and Humidity Guidelines
- Host City Partners
- Lighting Standards
- Maps and Directions
- Middle School Information
- Mission Statement
- Open Dates
- Preferred Vendors
- Rules and Regulations
- Severe Weather Guidelines
- Spirit of Sport Award
- Sports Memorabilia Display
- Student Athlete Advisory Council
- Strategic Plan
- Tiebreaking Procedure
- Tobacco, Alcoholic and Controlled Substances
WAKE COUNTY ATHLETIC DIRECTOR TO RETIRE
RALEIGH-- Veteran athletic administrator Bobby Guthrie of Wake County has announced his retirement, according to various media reports.
Guthrie has served as the athletic director for the Wake County school system for 17 years and has a great background in athletics. He is formerly a high school coach and then served as the head baseball coach at UNC-Wilmington.
Guthrie has formerly served on the NCHSAA Board of Directors and has also been very active in the North Carolina Athletic Directors Association as well as with the National Federation of State High School Associations with coaches' education.
The Wake County athletic director made his announcement recently to a meeting of the county's school athletic directors. He has worked in education for over 37 years. His last day is scheduled to be February 28.
NCHSAA Commissioner Davis Whitfield noted about Guthrie's announcement, "Bobby Guthrie is a model athletic administrator and a wonderful person. He served Region 3 exceptionally well on our board of directors for four years and he continues to be a leader in the state of North Carolina.
"His service and impact on high school athletics will be greatly missed. I wish him well in his retirement but know that I can always call on him if I need him."