Select a Topic
Information Not Specific to a Sport
- AAA Scholar-Athlete Program
- Accepted Exchange Programs
- Advertise With Us
- Archived Championship Centrals
- Athletes of the Year
- Athletic Directors Information
- Athletic Participation Numbers
- Regional Supervisor Assignments
- Case For High School Athletics
- Code of Conduct
- Core Values and Beliefs
- Ejections Information
- Endowment Corporate Donors
- Hall of Fame
- Health and Safety - (formerly Sports Medicine)
- Heat and Humidity Guidelines
- Host City Partners
- Lighting Standards
- Maps and Directions
- Middle School Information
- Mission Statement
- Open Dates
- Preferred Vendors
- Rules and Regulations
- Severe Weather Guidelines
- Spirit of Sport Award
- Sports Memorabilia Display
- Student Athlete Advisory Council
- Strategic Plan
- Tiebreaking Procedure
- Tobacco, Alcoholic and Controlled Substances
MOUNT OLIVE TO OFFER K-12 LICENSURE IN HEALTH AND PE
MOUNT OLIVE -- Mount Olive College has announced some news that may be of interest to NCHSAA member schools, as the college will now offer K-12 licensure in health and physical education.
The program will begin in the fall semester of 2012.
Mount Olive offers over 40 undergraduate majors as well as 18 NCAA Division II intercollegiate athletic teams, with men's and women's lacrosse being added in the fall of '12.
The health and physical education program is offered in conjunction with the Departments of Recreation and Leisure Studies and Education. The Department of Education offers degree programs that prepare students to work in early childhood settings and in elementary, middle and high schools. Mount Olive offers licensure in birth through kindergarten, elementary, music, health and physical education, agriculture, science, social studies, mathematics and English.
In addition, many classes offer opportunities for experiential learning credits that apply specifically to a chosen discipline area.
This information could be of interest to students at NCHSAA member schools who have interest in pursuing licensure in health and physical education.