Select a Topic
Information Not Specific to a Sport
- AAA Scholar-Athlete Program
- Accepted Exchange Programs
- Advertise With Us
- Archived Championship Centrals
- Athletes of the Year
- Athletic Directors Information
- Athletic Participation Numbers
- Regional Supervisor Assignments
- Case For High School Athletics
- Code of Conduct
- Core Values and Beliefs
- Ejections Information
- Endowment Corporate Donors
- Hall of Fame
- Health and Safety - (formerly Sports Medicine)
- Heat and Humidity Guidelines
- Host City Partners
- Lighting Standards
- Maps and Directions
- Middle School Information
- Mission Statement
- Open Dates
- Preferred Vendors
- Rules and Regulations
- Severe Weather Guidelines
- Spirit of Sport Award
- Sports Memorabilia Display
- Student Athlete Advisory Council
- Strategic Plan
- Tiebreaking Procedure
- Tobacco, Alcoholic and Controlled Substances
JOE KILBY NEW FOOTBALL COACH AT APEX
APEX -- Joe Kilby is the new head football coach at Apex High School, leaving his post at Cedar Ridge in Hillsborough, according to several media reports, including the Raleigh News and Observer.
Kilby posted a record of 15-11 in his two seasons at the Cedar Ridge helm and led the Red Wolves to the 2AA East final in 2010. He succeeds Bob Wolfe, who retired after 18 years as the Apex head coach.
According to The Raleigh News and Observer, Kilby said, "I have the utmost respect for Bob Wolfe and he is leaving the program in great shape." The new Apex coach was an assistant at Leesville Road before becoming the head coach at Cedar Ridge.
"Bob Wolfe built a program. He did a great job for the school and I'm excited to get to work building on what he has established."
Kilby, 48, is a native of Canada and has coached for 19 years in both high school and college, including in New York, Texas, Kansas and Virginia.