Select a Topic
Information Not Specific to a Sport
- AAA Scholar-Athlete Program
- Accepted Exchange Programs
- Advertise With Us
- Archived Championship Centrals
- Athletes of the Year
- Athletic Directors Information
- Athletic Participation Numbers
- Regional Supervisor Assignments
- Case For High School Athletics
- Core Values and Beliefs
- Ejections Information
- Endowment Corporate Donors
- Hall of Fame
- Health and Safety - (formerly Sports Medicine)
- Heat and Humidity Guidelines
- Host City Partners
- Lighting Standards
- Maps and Directions
- Middle School Information
- Mission Statement
- Open Dates
- Preferred Vendors
- Rules and Regulations
- Severe Weather Guidelines
- Spirit of Sport Award
- Sports Memorabilia Display
- Student Athlete Advisory Council
- Strategic Plan
- Tiebreaking Procedure
- Tobacco, Alcoholic and Controlled Substances
SPACE STILL AVAILABLE
IN EAST CAROLINA SEMINAR
GREENVILLE-- Space is still available in a special academic seminar being hosted by East Carolina University for high school personnel this year.
The purpose of this seventh annual event is to update coaches and high school athletic directors about NCAA rules and guidelines to help them better prepare student-athletes for the start of the recruiting process that begins each year in late November. This year ECU wants to include coaches and athletic directors in the seminar.
“Bridging the Gap between Athletics and Academics” is this year’s topic. Presentations by representatives of East Carolina University will be featured as well as those of local principals and counselors.
The seminar is set for Thursday, December 8, 2011, in Harvey Hall in the Murphy Center. The program will run from 8:00 AM to 12:30 PM and the cost is an initial $35 (as dictated by NCAA rules) and $20 per person for every attendee after that. So the cost of one person attending is $35, the total for two is $55, the total for three is $75, and so forth.
For additional questions or more information, please contact Harold Robinson in the East Carolina football office. Preregistration is suggested for the event. Robinson, former athletic director and head football coach at Williamston and now director of high school relations at ECU, has helped organize these seminars.