Select a Topic
Information Not Specific to a Sport
- AAA Scholar-Athlete Program
- Accepted Exchange Programs
- Advertise With Us
- Archived Championship Centrals
- Athletes of the Year
- Athletic Directors Information
- Athletic Participation Numbers
- Regional Supervisor Assignments
- Case For High School Athletics
- Core Values and Beliefs
- Ejections Information
- Endowment Corporate Donors
- Hall of Fame
- Health and Safety - (formerly Sports Medicine)
- Heat and Humidity Guidelines
- Host City Partners
- Lighting Standards
- Maps and Directions
- Middle School Information
- Mission Statement
- Open Dates
- Preferred Vendors
- Rules and Regulations
- Severe Weather Guidelines
- Spirit of Sport Award
- Sports Memorabilia Display
- Student Athlete Advisory Council
- Strategic Plan
- Tiebreaking Procedure
- Tobacco, Alcoholic and Controlled Substances
NCHSAA 2-A WOMEN'S TENNIS
KARAS WINS SINGLES CROWN, SALISBURY PAIR TAKES 2-A DOUBLES
RALEIGH -- Kalli Karas of Waxhaw Cuthbertson won the singles championship in the North Carolina High School Athletic Association state 2-A women's tennis tournament championships on Saturday morning at the J.W. Isenhour Indoor Tennis Center at North Carolina State.
Karas defeated Katelyn Storey of Salisbury, the 2010 state runner-up, in straight sets by 6-3, 6-4 to earn the title. Both had won three rounds on Friday.
Karas had been part of the 2-A state championship doubles team in both 2009 and 2010.
The Salisbury duo of Joy Loeblein and Erika Nelson took the doubles crown, beating Anna Kankanala and Hanna Marion of Hillsborough Cedar Ridge by 7-5, 6-2. The Salisbury pair was the runner-up team last year.
Almost all of the matches in the tournament were played at the Cary Tennis Center, although a persistent rain moved the last two matches of the first day and the finals from the outdoor courts to the indoor courts at North Carolina State University.
NORTH CAROLINA HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION
STATE TENNIS TOURNAMENT CHAMPIONSHIPS
2-A CHAMPIONSHIPS--SATURDAY'S RESULTS
Kalli Karas (Waxhaw Cuthbertson) def. Katelyn Story (Salisbury) 6-3, 6-4.
Joy Loeblein-Erika Nelson (Salisbury) def. Anna Kankanala-Hannah Marion (Hillsborough Cedar Ridge) 7-5, 6-2.