Select a Topic
Information Not Specific to a Sport
- 2013 BB&T/NCHSAA Football Championships Central
- AAA Scholar-Athlete Program
- Accepted Exchange Programs
- Advertise With Us
- Archived Championship Centrals
- Athletes of the Year
- Athletic Directors Information
- Athletic Participation Numbers
- Regional Supervisor Assignments
- Case For High School Athletics
- Code of Conduct
- Core Values and Beliefs
- Ejections Information
- Endowment Corporate Donors
- Hall of Fame
- Health and Safety - (formerly Sports Medicine)
- Heat and Humidity Guidelines
- Host City Partners
- Lighting Standards
- Maps and Directions
- Middle School Information
- Mission Statement
- Open Dates
- Preferred Vendors
- Rules and Regulations
- Severe Weather Guidelines
- Spirit of Sport Award
- Sports Memorabilia Display
- Student Athlete Advisory Council
- Strategic Plan
- Tiebreaking Procedure
- Tobacco, Alcoholic and Controlled Substances
EAST CHAPEL HILL'S DREW DAVIS HAS GREAT PERFORMANCES
CHAPEL HILL -- East Chapel Hill quarterback Drew Davis has had a couple of tremendous high school football passing performances in the last two weeks that have earned him listings in the NCHSAA Record Book.
Davis completed 37 of 52 passes for a whopping 488 yards last week as East Chapel Hill defeated Durham Jordan 62-49. The 488 yards is among the top seven recorded performances for passers.
The week before, on September 9 against Carrboro, Davis completed 43 of 60 passes in a 44-25 loss. The 43 completions in a single game is a new NCHSAA state record.
In that contest against Carrboro, Jackson Boyer had 18 receptions, and in a September 2 game against Cedar Ridge Alex Moore hauled in 18 passes. Both of those Wildcat receivers are third all-time in single-game receptions.
Coach Bill Renner of East Chapel Hill provided complete documentation for all of the performances, for which we are grateful.