Select a Topic
Information Not Specific to a Sport
- AAA Scholar-Athlete Program
- Accepted Exchange Programs
- Advertise With Us
- Archived Championship Centrals
- Athletes of the Year
- Athletic Directors Information
- Athletic Participation Numbers
- Regional Supervisor Assignments
- Case For High School Athletics
- Core Values and Beliefs
- Ejections Information
- Endowment Corporate Donors
- Hall of Fame
- Health and Safety - (formerly Sports Medicine)
- Heat and Humidity Guidelines
- Host City Partners
- Lighting Standards
- Maps and Directions
- Middle School Information
- Mission Statement
- Open Dates
- Preferred Vendors
- Rules and Regulations
- Severe Weather Guidelines
- Spirit of Sport Award
- Sports Memorabilia Display
- Student Athlete Advisory Council
- Strategic Plan
- Tiebreaking Procedure
- Tobacco, Alcoholic and Controlled Substances
PAMLICO ATHLETES ASSIST WITH
HURRICANE IRENE RELEIF EFFORTS
BAYBORO — In the wake of the destruction caused by Hurricane Irene primarily in Eastern North Carolina, four Pamlico High School volleyball players joined the Red Cross in serving up food to those in need last week.
According to the New Bern Sun Journal, the student-athletes just wanted to do something to help in the community of Bayboro.
The players — Allison Hollowell, Parker Lee, Lindsey Lee and Peyton Davis — helped to pass out meals for more than three hours at Bayboro Baptist Church. The group, joined by cheerleader Ashley Hollowell, gave until the food ran out.
Davis, a sophomore junior varsity player, was out there despite suffering devastation of her own. Her family’s house was destroyed by Irene. The Davis family is now looking for a place to live.
“I’m really glad I could do it,” Davis said. “I love volunteering. I feel so good after I’ve done it.I lost stuff, but at least I’m still alive. I have to get over it. There’s not much we can do. We’re all good and safe.”
This is just another excellent example of how student-athletes at NCHSAA schools are involved in a positive way in their communities.