Select a Topic
Information Not Specific to a Sport
- AAA Scholar-Athlete Program
- Accepted Exchange Programs
- Advertise With Us
- Archived Championship Centrals
- Athletes of the Year
- Athletic Directors Information
- Athletic Participation Numbers
- Regional Supervisor Assignments
- Case For High School Athletics
- Core Values and Beliefs
- Ejections Information
- Endowment Corporate Donors
- Hall of Fame
- Health and Safety - (formerly Sports Medicine)
- Heat and Humidity Guidelines
- Host City Partners
- Lighting Standards
- Maps and Directions
- Middle School Information
- Mission Statement
- Open Dates
- Preferred Vendors
- Rules and Regulations
- Severe Weather Guidelines
- Spirit of Sport Award
- Sports Memorabilia Display
- Student Athlete Advisory Council
- Strategic Plan
- Tiebreaking Procedure
- Tobacco, Alcoholic and Controlled Substances
EASTERN GUILFORD HAS NEW MEN'S BASKETBALL COACH
Joseph Spinks has been named the new men's head basketball coach at Eastern Guilford High School, but got there by a rather circuitous route according to the Greensboro News and Record.
The Dutch professional basketball team he had coached for three seasons, and played with for eight years before that, had gone bankrupt. The Asheboro native was thus left with two options if he hoped to continue a pro career that had seen him in several locations around Europe before he landed some stability in the Netherlands.
After graduating from Campbell University in 1994, Spinks embarked on a European pro career that had stops in Sweden, Finland, Belgium, Portugal and the Netherlands.
Instead of continuing in professional basketball, Spinks decided to head back to North Carolina. He replaces Dion Lansdale, who resigned from Eastern in May to become the head men’s basketball coach at Johnson & Wales University in Charlotte.
Lansdale guided the Wildcats to a 45-35 overall record and the state playoffs in each of his three seasons, including an 18-10 mark last season, when Eastern won the Mid-State 3-A Conference tournament and reached the first round of the NCHSAA playoffs.