Select a Topic
Information Not Specific to a Sport
- AAA Scholar-Athlete Program
- Accepted Exchange Programs
- Advertise With Us
- Archived Championship Centrals
- Athletes of the Year
- Athletic Directors Information
- Athletic Participation Numbers
- Regional Supervisor Assignments
- Case For High School Athletics
- Core Values and Beliefs
- Ejections Information
- Endowment Corporate Donors
- Hall of Fame
- Health and Safety - (formerly Sports Medicine)
- Heat and Humidity Guidelines
- Host City Partners
- Lighting Standards
- Maps and Directions
- Middle School Information
- Mission Statement
- Open Dates
- Preferred Vendors
- Rules and Regulations
- Severe Weather Guidelines
- Spirit of Sport Award
- Sports Memorabilia Display
- Student Athlete Advisory Council
- Strategic Plan
- Tiebreaking Procedure
- Tobacco, Alcoholic and Controlled Substances
RED SPRINGS NAMES COLTHARP ATHLETIC DIRECTOR
RED SPRINGS -- New Red Springs High School head football coach George Coltharp has added some additional duties.
Cotharp has been named the Red Springs athletic director, according to The Robesonian.
Not only is the Fayetteville native facing the challenge of leading a football program on its third coach in three years, Coltharp is in his first-ever athletic director role.
Coltharp, 35, is replacing Charles Henderson, who stepped down as the school’s athletic director at the end of the 2010-11 school year to focus on coaching Red Devils soccer.
Coltharp earned a masters degree in administration in administration from the University of North Carolina at Pembroke in 2008.
“It was always my goal to run an athletic department at some point,” Coltharp said. “I see it as a blessing. I get to work with great people.
“It’s also a challenge. But I look at it more as a service position than anything. My job is to help coaches get what they need.”