Select a Topic
Information Not Specific to a Sport
- 2013 BB&T/NCHSAA Football Championships Central
- AAA Scholar-Athlete Program
- Accepted Exchange Programs
- Advertise With Us
- Archived Championship Centrals
- Athletes of the Year
- Athletic Directors Information
- Athletic Participation Numbers
- Regional Supervisor Assignments
- Case For High School Athletics
- Code of Conduct
- Core Values and Beliefs
- Ejections Information
- Endowment Corporate Donors
- Hall of Fame
- Health and Safety - (formerly Sports Medicine)
- Heat and Humidity Guidelines
- Host City Partners
- Lighting Standards
- Maps and Directions
- Middle School Information
- Mission Statement
- Open Dates
- Preferred Vendors
- Rules and Regulations
- Severe Weather Guidelines
- Spirit of Sport Award
- Sports Memorabilia Display
- Student Athlete Advisory Council
- Strategic Plan
- Tiebreaking Procedure
- Tobacco, Alcoholic and Controlled Substances
ROB BLISS HEADED TO FRED T. FOARD TO COACH BASKETBALL
Fred T. Foard High School has announced the hiring of Rob Bliss as its new head men's basketball coach.
Principal Sally Bradshaw said that Bliss is a veteran coach of the game who will be coming to Foard from West Henderson High School, where he has coached since 2006.
Bliss is a 1989 graduate of Appalachian State University with a degree in history and a 2008 graduate of Gardner-Webb University with a master's in school administration. Bliss has served in roles as a history teacher, athletic director, and assistant principal.
He coached at East Burke High school from 1990-93 for the JV program and completed his term with a record of 40-22. From 1993-96, he coached the JV basketball program at Freedom and had a successful record of 51-5. From 1996-99 he coached at Brevard and his team made the NCHSAA state playoffs in both 1998 and 1999, finishing with an overall record of 46-33.
Following his stint at Brevard, he coached East Burke from 1999-2006, with the record there of 126-64 and then his teams were 60-47 at West Henderson. His career coaching record is 323-171.