Select a Topic
Information Not Specific to a Sport
- AAA Scholar-Athlete Program
- Accepted Exchange Programs
- Advertise With Us
- Archived Championship Centrals
- Athletes of the Year
- Athletic Directors Information
- Athletic Participation Numbers
- Regional Supervisor Assignments
- Case For High School Athletics
- Core Values and Beliefs
- Ejections Information
- Endowment Corporate Donors
- Hall of Fame
- Health and Safety - (formerly Sports Medicine)
- Heat and Humidity Guidelines
- Host City Partners
- Lighting Standards
- Maps and Directions
- Middle School Information
- Mission Statement
- Open Dates
- Preferred Vendors
- Rules and Regulations
- Severe Weather Guidelines
- Spirit of Sport Award
- Sports Memorabilia Display
- Student Athlete Advisory Council
- Strategic Plan
- Tiebreaking Procedure
- Tobacco, Alcoholic and Controlled Substances
BESSEMER CITY HAS NEW ATHLETIC
DIRECTOR , BASEBALL COACH
BESSEMER CITY -- Bessemer City High School has announced the hiring of Brandon Scott as its athletic director and baseball coach, according to the Gaston Gazette.
Scott, 30, had served as head baseball coach at Patton High School in Morganton since the 2007-08 school year but was laid off this summer as part of a significant reduction in force within Burke County Schools.
Scott, whose 2009 baseball team reached the 2A state title series, will be taking his first athletic director position. Scott’s teams went 74-40 in four seasons at Patton. He also coached receivers and outside linebackers in football at Patton. A 1999 graduate of Freedom High School, he has also coached at Freedom.
His coaching career began at Watauga as an assistant baseball coach in 2003 while he completed his degree in physical education at Appalachian State University. Scott later earned a master’s degree in sports management there.
Scott will teach physical education.