Select a Topic
Information Not Specific to a Sport
- AAA Scholar-Athlete Program
- Accepted Exchange Programs
- Advertise With Us
- Archived Championship Centrals
- Athletes of the Year
- Athletic Directors Information
- Athletic Participation Numbers
- Regional Supervisor Assignments
- Case For High School Athletics
- Core Values and Beliefs
- Ejections Information
- Endowment Corporate Donors
- Hall of Fame
- Health and Safety - (formerly Sports Medicine)
- Heat and Humidity Guidelines
- Host City Partners
- Lighting Standards
- Maps and Directions
- Middle School Information
- Mission Statement
- Open Dates
- Preferred Vendors
- Rules and Regulations
- Severe Weather Guidelines
- Spirit of Sport Award
- Sports Memorabilia Display
- Student Athlete Advisory Council
- Strategic Plan
- Tiebreaking Procedure
- Tobacco, Alcoholic and Controlled Substances
NATIONAL FASTPITCH COACHES ASSOCIATION HAS THREE NORTH CAROLINIANS ON 2011 HIGH SCHOOL ALL-AMERICAN TEAMS
STARKVILLE, Miss. – Three North Carolininans are among the 48 student-athletes from 17 states who have earned the honor of being named to one of three 2011 Louisville Slugger/National Fastpitch Coaches Association All-American teams.
Chelsea Wilkinson of Alexander Central became a three-time All-American and helped the Cougars to the 4-A state title, winning 31 of 33 games and striking out 370 batters. Wilkinson has committed to continue playing softball collegiately at North Carolina State.
One of the catchers on the first team was Sarah Mooney of North Mecklenburg. Mooney, who was also a first-team choice in 2010, hit .779 this year for the Vikings with 19 home runs and 55 RBIs. She will continue her softball career next year at James Madison.
The other North Carolinian to earn first-team honors this season was first baseman Robyn Stanek of North Davidson. Stanek, who will attend Mars Hill College in the fall, helped take the Knights to back-to-back state title games by turning in a .416 batting average and a .987 fielding percentage.
Congratulations to these three outstanding student-athletes!