Select a Topic
Information Not Specific to a Sport
- AAA Scholar-Athlete Program
- Accepted Exchange Programs
- Advertise With Us
- Archived Championship Centrals
- Athletes of the Year
- Athletic Directors Information
- Athletic Participation Numbers
- Regional Supervisor Assignments
- Case For High School Athletics
- Core Values and Beliefs
- Ejections Information
- Endowment Corporate Donors
- Hall of Fame
- Health and Safety - (formerly Sports Medicine)
- Heat and Humidity Guidelines
- Host City Partners
- Lighting Standards
- Maps and Directions
- Middle School Information
- Mission Statement
- Open Dates
- Preferred Vendors
- Rules and Regulations
- Severe Weather Guidelines
- Spirit of Sport Award
- Sports Memorabilia Display
- Student Athlete Advisory Council
- Strategic Plan
- Tiebreaking Procedure
- Tobacco, Alcoholic and Controlled Substances
ST. STEPHENS NAMES NEW MEN'S BASKETBALL COACH
HICKORY-- St. Stephens High School has elevated assistant coach Murphy Post to the position of head men's basketball coach.
Post teaches social studies at St. Stephens and will continue in that position he has held for the past four years. He'll be taking over a team that went 21-7 last season but graduated seven seniors.
“Murphy has been with us for four years and is an ardent student of the game and is very passionate about basketball,” Whitener said in a press release. “He has worked very, very closely with Gary the past four years, and I know has learned a lot about basketball from him.
“Murphy exudes a contagious enthusiasm and youthful exuberance for the game of basketball while incorporating an excellent rapport with his players.
Post is a 2007 graduate of Appalachian State University and is a graduate of Watauga High School.