Select a Topic
Information Not Specific to a Sport
- AAA Scholar-Athlete Program
- Accepted Exchange Programs
- Advertise With Us
- Archived Championship Centrals
- Athletes of the Year
- Athletic Directors Information
- Athletic Participation Numbers
- Regional Supervisor Assignments
- Case For High School Athletics
- Core Values and Beliefs
- Ejections Information
- Endowment Corporate Donors
- Hall of Fame
- Health and Safety - (formerly Sports Medicine)
- Heat and Humidity Guidelines
- Host City Partners
- Lighting Standards
- Maps and Directions
- Middle School Information
- Mission Statement
- Open Dates
- Preferred Vendors
- Rules and Regulations
- Severe Weather Guidelines
- Spirit of Sport Award
- Sports Memorabilia Display
- Student Athlete Advisory Council
- Strategic Plan
- Tiebreaking Procedure
- Tobacco, Alcoholic and Controlled Substances
STEPHANIE JONES PUTS NAME IN NCHSAA RECORD BOOK
Charles D. Owen standout posts numerous marks
BLACK MOUNTAIN-- Stephanie Jones of Charles D. Owen High School has established her name in many places in the North Carolina High School Association Record Book for softball.
Jones finished the season with a .663 batting average, hitting safely 69 times in 104 at bats. That would currently be fourth among the single season marks and the 69 hits in a season would tie the state mark shared by Brittany Henry of Murphy. Her 61 runs batted in is currently second for a single season and 146 RBI is tied for third.
Her career batting average of .557 is currently third on the all-time list and her 207 hits in a career would be second.
She also earned performance listings for doubles in a season (18) and career (49), triples in a season (12) and career (21), career home runs (26), and runs in a season (55).
In addition, Owen had a team batting average of a whopping .421, which is second all-time, and also rapped out 356 hits as a team, the second-most in that category.
Congratulations to Owen on an outstanding season and to Stephanie Jones, and our thanks to the Asheville Citizen-Times for providing statistical documentation on behalf of the school.