Select a Topic
Information Not Specific to a Sport
- AAA Scholar-Athlete Program
- Accepted Exchange Programs
- Advertise With Us
- Archived Championship Centrals
- Athletes of the Year
- Athletic Directors Information
- Athletic Participation Numbers
- Regional Supervisor Assignments
- Case For High School Athletics
- Core Values and Beliefs
- Ejections Information
- Endowment Corporate Donors
- Hall of Fame
- Health and Safety - (formerly Sports Medicine)
- Heat and Humidity Guidelines
- Host City Partners
- Lighting Standards
- Maps and Directions
- Middle School Information
- Mission Statement
- Open Dates
- Preferred Vendors
- Rules and Regulations
- Severe Weather Guidelines
- Spirit of Sport Award
- Sports Memorabilia Display
- Student Athlete Advisory Council
- Strategic Plan
- Tiebreaking Procedure
- Tobacco, Alcoholic and Controlled Substances
T.C. ROBERSON BASEBALL
EARNS SPOTS IN NCHSAA RECORD BOOK
ASHEVILLE-- T.C. Roberson High School baseball standout Alex Ledford has put his name in the North Carolina High School Athletic Association Record Book.
Ledford had a great year as T.C. Roberson marched the whole way into the NCHSAA state 4-A baseball championship series, where the Rams finished as state runners-up to Holly Springs. Ledford had a whopping 62 runs batted in during the Rams' 32-game season, and that sets the all-time single-season RBI standard.
The record had stood for 16 years and had been set by Shawn Gallagher of Wilmington New Hanover back in 1995 with 61 runs batted in.
Ledford also had 17 home runs on the season, good for a performance listing and just three off the established record.
As a team, T.C. Roberson clobbered 52 home runs, just three short of the state mark jointly held by Apex (2002) and East Rutherford (2007). The Rams also had 80 doubles as a team, good for second in that category.
Aaron Wright's 52 hits and .500 batting average for the season also qualify for listing in the NCHSAA Record.
Congratulations to Alex Ledford and the entire T.C. Roberson baseball program for a great year!