Select a Topic
Information Not Specific to a Sport
- AAA Scholar-Athlete Program
- Accepted Exchange Programs
- Advertise With Us
- Archived Championship Centrals
- Athletes of the Year
- Athletic Directors Information
- Athletic Participation Numbers
- Regional Supervisor Assignments
- Case For High School Athletics
- Core Values and Beliefs
- Ejections Information
- Endowment Corporate Donors
- Hall of Fame
- Health and Safety - (formerly Sports Medicine)
- Heat and Humidity Guidelines
- Host City Partners
- Lighting Standards
- Maps and Directions
- Middle School Information
- Mission Statement
- Open Dates
- Preferred Vendors
- Rules and Regulations
- Severe Weather Guidelines
- Spirit of Sport Award
- Sports Memorabilia Display
- Student Athlete Advisory Council
- Strategic Plan
- Tiebreaking Procedure
- Tobacco, Alcoholic and Controlled Substances
CHELSEA WILKINSON MOVES UP SOFTBALL RECORD LADDER
TAYLORSVILLE -- Chelsea Wilkinson of Alexander Central High School, who has twice been the Most Valuable Player of the North Carolina High School Athletic Association state 4-A softball championships, continues to move up the rankings in several categories in the NCHSAA Record Book.
Her 31 pitching victories during the 2011 season equals the state record--which she already had a share of with 31 wins as a freshman-- and Wilkinson now needs 17 wins to become the NCHSAA's all-time leader in career victories. Her career won-loss record is an amazing 89-5.
She struck out 370 hitters during the season and now has a total of 1,079 during her three years, which means she would need 376 strikeouts to set a new career mark in that category.
Wilkinson has 63 career shutouts, which is 16 away from the state record.
She posted an 0.66 earned run average this year and has 15 no-hitters and 11 perfect games in her career.
Alexander Central won the 2011 NCHSAA state 4-A softball crown. We appreciate coach Monte Sherrill providing the information for updates in the NCHSAA Record Book, and congratulations to Chelsea Willkinson.