Select a Topic
Information Not Specific to a Sport
- AAA Scholar-Athlete Program
- Accepted Exchange Programs
- Advertise With Us
- Archived Championship Centrals
- Athletes of the Year
- Athletic Directors Information
- Athletic Participation Numbers
- Regional Supervisor Assignments
- Case For High School Athletics
- Code of Conduct
- Core Values and Beliefs
- Ejections Information
- Endowment Corporate Donors
- Hall of Fame
- Health and Safety - (formerly Sports Medicine)
- Heat and Humidity Guidelines
- Host City Partners
- Lighting Standards
- Maps and Directions
- Middle School Information
- Mission Statement
- Open Dates
- Preferred Vendors
- Rules and Regulations
- Severe Weather Guidelines
- Spirit of Sport Award
- Sports Memorabilia Display
- Student Athlete Advisory Council
- Strategic Plan
- Tiebreaking Procedure
- Tobacco, Alcoholic and Controlled Substances
NEW MEN'S BASKETBALL COACH AT NORTH BUNCOMBE
ASHEVILLE -- The Asheville Citizen-Times has reported that North Buncombe High School has a new head men's basketball coach.
North Buncombe announced that Joey Bryson is the new coach just two days after losing former coach David Rhoney to Clyde Erwin.
Bryson was the junior varsity head coach and a varsity assistant last season for North Buncombe.
"It's pretty exciting to take over a program that's been built up the way it has by a coach like Coach Rhoney," Bryson said."He has really built a legacy here and it's a privilege to follow him."
This is Bryson's first head coaching job at the varsity level in western North Carolina, but he has experience from three different schools in Georgia. North's junior varsity team went 4-18 under Bryson last winter.
He is a West Henderson graduate and continued his playing career in college at Western Carolina University.
The Black Hawks went 17-9 in varsity play during the 2010-11 season and will lose nine seniors to graduation.