Select a Topic
Information Not Specific to a Sport
- AAA Scholar-Athlete Program
- Accepted Exchange Programs
- Advertise With Us
- Archived Championship Centrals
- Athletes of the Year
- Athletic Directors Information
- Athletic Participation Numbers
- Regional Supervisor Assignments
- Case For High School Athletics
- Core Values and Beliefs
- Ejections Information
- Endowment Corporate Donors
- Hall of Fame
- Health and Safety - (formerly Sports Medicine)
- Heat and Humidity Guidelines
- Host City Partners
- Lighting Standards
- Maps and Directions
- Middle School Information
- Mission Statement
- Open Dates
- Preferred Vendors
- Rules and Regulations
- Severe Weather Guidelines
- Spirit of Sport Award
- Sports Memorabilia Display
- Student Athlete Advisory Council
- Strategic Plan
- Tiebreaking Procedure
- Tobacco, Alcoholic and Controlled Substances
MURPHY'S BRITTANY HENRY SETS SEVERAL NEW STATE RECORDS
MURPHY -- Brittany Henry of Murphy High School has concluded a brilliant high school softball career, and her name is now in a number of different categories in the North Carolina High School Athletic Association Record Book.
Henry led Murphy to fourth place in the NCHSAA state 1-A softball championship this season and set a number of season and career marks in the process.
The Murphy star set a new career batting average mark in sotball with a sizzling .638 mark, which included a .578 average during her senior season, and a new career mark with 240 hits.
She also set new state standards for a career with 199 runs, 165 stolen bases and 75 doubles.
Henry's 59 hits in the 2011 season and a 24-game hitting streak during the season will also earn spots as performance listings in the book.
Congratulations to Brittany Henry! We appreciate coach Dwight Henry providing the information for updates in the NCHSAA Record Book.