Select a Topic
Information Not Specific to a Sport
- 2013 BB&T/NCHSAA Football Championships Central
- AAA Scholar-Athlete Program
- Accepted Exchange Programs
- Advertise With Us
- Archived Championship Centrals
- Athletes of the Year
- Athletic Directors Information
- Athletic Participation Numbers
- Regional Supervisor Assignments
- Case For High School Athletics
- Code of Conduct
- Core Values and Beliefs
- Ejections Information
- Endowment Corporate Donors
- Hall of Fame
- Health and Safety - (formerly Sports Medicine)
- Heat and Humidity Guidelines
- Host City Partners
- Lighting Standards
- Maps and Directions
- Middle School Information
- Mission Statement
- Open Dates
- Preferred Vendors
- Rules and Regulations
- Severe Weather Guidelines
- Spirit of Sport Award
- Sports Memorabilia Display
- Student Athlete Advisory Council
- Strategic Plan
- Tiebreaking Procedure
- Tobacco, Alcoholic and Controlled Substances
BRESSEALE KNOCKS IN 10 RUNS FOR UNION PINES
CAMERON-- Seth Bresseale of Union Pines High School had a performance in a recent North Carolina High School Athletic Association baseball playoff game that put his name in the record book.
The slugging junior first baseman went three for four at the plate and drove in 10 runs-- including nine in the first three innings-- as Union Pines won an 18-17 slugfest over Ledford.
Amazingly, Union Pines built up a 15-0 lead in the first three innings before Ledford stormed back with a nine-run fourth inning, highlighted by two home runs in the inning by Ledford's Brock Phillips.
Bresseale had a three-run homer in the first, a grand slam in the second, and then drove home two runs with a double in the third. An RBI later in the game gave him 10 for the contest, the sixth time as reported in the NCHSAA Record Book that a player has driven in 10 runs in a game.
The state record is 11, shared by three players.
Congratulations to Seth Bresseale for his listing in the NCHSAA Record Book.