Select a Topic
Information Not Specific to a Sport
- AAA Scholar-Athlete Program
- Accepted Exchange Programs
- Advertise With Us
- Archived Championship Centrals
- Athletes of the Year
- Athletic Directors Information
- Athletic Participation Numbers
- Regional Supervisor Assignments
- Case For High School Athletics
- Core Values and Beliefs
- Ejections Information
- Endowment Corporate Donors
- Hall of Fame
- Health and Safety - (formerly Sports Medicine)
- Heat and Humidity Guidelines
- Host City Partners
- Lighting Standards
- Maps and Directions
- Middle School Information
- Mission Statement
- Open Dates
- Preferred Vendors
- Rules and Regulations
- Severe Weather Guidelines
- Spirit of Sport Award
- Sports Memorabilia Display
- Student Athlete Advisory Council
- Strategic Plan
- Tiebreaking Procedure
- Tobacco, Alcoholic and Controlled Substances
NCHSAA 4-A MEN'S TENNIS
MUDGE TAKES SINGLES CHAMPIONSHIP, MILLBROOK TEAM WINS DOUBLES
RALEIGH-- Robbie Mudge of Winston-Salem R.J. Reynolds captured the singles championship for the second time in three years on Saturday morning in the North Carolina High School Athletic Association state 4-A men's tennis championships at Millbrook Exchange Park.
Mudge, the 2009 champion defeated Roman Cacha of Raleigh Athens Drive 6-1, 6-3 to take the crown. Mudge was unable to compete in last year's tournament due to injury.
Mudge had outlasted Peter McDonald of East Chapel Hill, last year's runner-up, 4-6, 7-5, 6-3 in the semifinals on Friday, the final match of the day, while Cacha was eliminating Landon Kinsey of Greensboro Page, rallying from a set down to win 3-6, 6-0, 6-1. Three rounds were played in the tournament on the first day.
In doubles, the Raleigh Millbrook pair of Quinn and Sean Carmean prevented an R.J. Reynolds sweep of championships as they defeated Paul Yamane and Jack Riazzi of Reynolds for the title, 6-2, 6-4.
Quinn Carmean had teamed with Sean Weber to win the 2009 4-A doubles crown for Millbrook.
NORTH CAROLINA HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION
4-A STATE MEN'S TENNIS CHAMPIONSHIPS
Millbrook Exchange Park, Raleigh
Robbie Mudge (Winston-Salem R.J. Reynolds) def. Roman Cacha (Raleigh Athens Drive) 6-1, 6-3.
Quinn Carmean-Sean Carmean (Raleigh Millbrook) def. Paul Yamane-Jack Riazzi (Winston-Salem R.J. Reynolds) 6-2, 6-4.