Select a Topic
Information Not Specific to a Sport
- AAA Scholar-Athlete Program
- Accepted Exchange Programs
- Advertise With Us
- Archived Championship Centrals
- Athletes of the Year
- Athletic Directors Information
- Athletic Participation Numbers
- Regional Supervisor Assignments
- Case For High School Athletics
- Core Values and Beliefs
- Ejections Information
- Endowment Corporate Donors
- Hall of Fame
- Health and Safety - (formerly Sports Medicine)
- Heat and Humidity Guidelines
- Host City Partners
- Lighting Standards
- Maps and Directions
- Middle School Information
- Mission Statement
- Open Dates
- Preferred Vendors
- Rules and Regulations
- Severe Weather Guidelines
- Spirit of Sport Award
- Sports Memorabilia Display
- Student Athlete Advisory Council
- Strategic Plan
- Tiebreaking Procedure
- Tobacco, Alcoholic and Controlled Substances
NORTH DAVIDSON'S MIKE LAMBROS ACHIEVES SOFTBALL MILESTONE
WELCOME - Mike Lambros, the veteran North Davidson High School softball coach has had a lot of milestones in his outstanding 31-year career.
Last week, according to the Lexington Dispatch, he reached another one. The Black Knights beat East Davidson 14-1 for their 49th consecutive win and it marked the 700th career win for Lambros, who has spent his entire career at North.
Lambros, 57, has a career record of 700-102 and he was inducted in the North Carolina Softball Hall of Fame's first class in 2010. He directed his team to five NCHSAA 4-A state runner-up finishes before breaking through in 2010 and directing his team to a 33-0 record and the 4-A state championship.
According to the Dispatch, Lambros said, "Like I've said before, I'm just blessed to be in a great situation from the day that (then-athletic director) Pete Jones gave me my job. ... I've never wanted to be anywhere but here. I've said it many times before. When you make goals like this, it's everyone who has ever wore the black and orange. The Good Lord's blessed me with health and my family has given me the opportunity to do something I have a passion for."
Congratulations to North Davidson's Mike Lambros!