Select a Topic
Information Not Specific to a Sport
- AAA Scholar-Athlete Program
- Accepted Exchange Programs
- Advertise With Us
- Archived Championship Centrals
- Athletes of the Year
- Athletic Directors Information
- Athletic Participation Numbers
- Regional Supervisor Assignments
- Case For High School Athletics
- Core Values and Beliefs
- Ejections Information
- Endowment Corporate Donors
- Hall of Fame
- Health and Safety - (formerly Sports Medicine)
- Heat and Humidity Guidelines
- Host City Partners
- Lighting Standards
- Maps and Directions
- Middle School Information
- Mission Statement
- Open Dates
- Preferred Vendors
- Rules and Regulations
- Severe Weather Guidelines
- Spirit of Sport Award
- Sports Memorabilia Display
- Student Athlete Advisory Council
- Strategic Plan
- Tiebreaking Procedure
- Tobacco, Alcoholic and Controlled Substances
SMOKY MOUNTAIN PLAYER IN NCHSAA RECORD BOOK
SYLVA -- Jackson Simmons of Smoky Mountain High School is now listed as the most prolific rebounder in NCHSAA men's basketball history.
His 1,554 rebounds for his career, which spanned 2007 to 2011, is the largest total that has been documented and submitted for the Record Book. His seasonal totals, starting with his freshman year, were 308, 365, 424 and 457.
Simmons averaged 25.2 points per game and 16.8 rebounds this year as his Mustangs posted an outstanding 26-1 record. Smoky Mountain lost in its sectional final to eventual state champ East Rutherford.
There were several newspaper accounts of the achievements of Simmons and Smoky Mountain coach Jimmy Cleaveland verified the statistics.
The link for the NCHSAA Record Book can be found on the front page of the web site down the right side.