Select a Topic
Information Not Specific to a Sport
- 2013 BB&T/NCHSAA Football Championships Central
- AAA Scholar-Athlete Program
- Accepted Exchange Programs
- Advertise With Us
- Archived Championship Centrals
- Athletes of the Year
- Athletic Directors Information
- Athletic Participation Numbers
- Regional Supervisor Assignments
- Case For High School Athletics
- Code of Conduct
- Core Values and Beliefs
- Ejections Information
- Endowment Corporate Donors
- Hall of Fame
- Health and Safety - (formerly Sports Medicine)
- Heat and Humidity Guidelines
- Host City Partners
- Lighting Standards
- Maps and Directions
- Middle School Information
- Mission Statement
- Open Dates
- Preferred Vendors
- Rules and Regulations
- Severe Weather Guidelines
- Spirit of Sport Award
- Sports Memorabilia Display
- Student Athlete Advisory Council
- Strategic Plan
- Tiebreaking Procedure
- Tobacco, Alcoholic and Controlled Substances
VON RAY HARRIS DIES
LINCOLNTON -- Long time football coach and athletic director Von Ray Harris died on Sunday at the age of 86.
Harris was the highly successful head football coach at Lincolnton High School for many years, where he coached starting in 1959 and then retired in '87. Prior to that, he had coached at Old Town in Winston-Salem and at Morganton High School, with his tenure in Morganton from 1955 through '58.
He was born in 1924 in McDowell County. Harris was an outstanding football player at Western Carolina, and he had been inducted into the Lincoln County Hall of Fame and the Western Carolina University Hall of Fame.
Harris was a Armed Forces veteran, serving as a tail gunner in World War II.
The football field at Lincolnton had been named in his honor some years ago.