Select a Topic
Information Not Specific to a Sport
- AAA Scholar-Athlete Program
- Accepted Exchange Programs
- Advertise With Us
- Archived Championship Centrals
- Athletes of the Year
- Athletic Directors Information
- Athletic Participation Numbers
- Regional Supervisor Assignments
- Case For High School Athletics
- Core Values and Beliefs
- Ejections Information
- Endowment Corporate Donors
- Hall of Fame
- Health and Safety - (formerly Sports Medicine)
- Heat and Humidity Guidelines
- Host City Partners
- Lighting Standards
- Maps and Directions
- Middle School Information
- Mission Statement
- Open Dates
- Preferred Vendors
- Rules and Regulations
- Severe Weather Guidelines
- Spirit of Sport Award
- Sports Memorabilia Display
- Student Athlete Advisory Council
- Strategic Plan
- Tiebreaking Procedure
- Tobacco, Alcoholic and Controlled Substances
CHERRYVILLE BASKETBALL PLAYER
IN NCHSAA RECORD BOOK
CHERRYVILLE -- Cherryville High School basketball star Terry Whisnant has earned his way into the North Carolina High School Athletic Association record book.
Whisnant ended his career with the Ironmen with 2,561 total points, good for seventh on the all-time scoring list. His 950 points as a senior is the second-most ever for a 12th grader, behind the 961 scored by Donald Williams of Garner in 1990-91.
Whisnant also established a new standard with 29 20-point games in a single season and is fourth on the performance list for three-pointers made in a season with 124 this year.
He also had three consecutive 40-point games during the 2010-11 campaign.
The NCHSAA is grateful to Cherryville men's head basketball coach Scott Harrill for submitting the documentation that enables the listings to be placed in the NCHSAA Record Book on line.