Select a Topic
Information Not Specific to a Sport
- AAA Scholar-Athlete Program
- Accepted Exchange Programs
- Advertise With Us
- Archived Championship Centrals
- Athletes of the Year
- Athletic Directors Information
- Athletic Participation Numbers
- Regional Supervisor Assignments
- Case For High School Athletics
- Core Values and Beliefs
- Ejections Information
- Endowment Corporate Donors
- Hall of Fame
- Health and Safety - (formerly Sports Medicine)
- Heat and Humidity Guidelines
- Host City Partners
- Lighting Standards
- Maps and Directions
- Middle School Information
- Mission Statement
- Open Dates
- Preferred Vendors
- Rules and Regulations
- Severe Weather Guidelines
- Spirit of Sport Award
- Sports Memorabilia Display
- Student Athlete Advisory Council
- Strategic Plan
- Tiebreaking Procedure
- Tobacco, Alcoholic and Controlled Substances
RIVERSIDE NAMES NEW FOOTBALL COACH
DURHAM-- Riverside High School has named its new head football coach.
David Hackney was introduced at a press conference last week by Margratha Chambers, the Riverside athletic director.
The school's athletic director, Margratha Chambers, introduced Hackney during a Friday afternoon press conference at the school. Hackney has previously served as Riverside's women's basketball coach.
Todd Spell resigned in January as the head football coach last month at Riverside.
He served as the Pirates head coach for three seasons where he went 6-27 at the helm. He took over for Tommy Blalock in 2008.
Riverside posted a 1-10 record last year but played for a state football championship in 2006.