Select a Topic
Information Not Specific to a Sport
- 2013 BB&T/NCHSAA Football Championships Central
- AAA Scholar-Athlete Program
- Accepted Exchange Programs
- Advertise With Us
- Archived Championship Centrals
- Athletes of the Year
- Athletic Directors Information
- Athletic Participation Numbers
- Regional Supervisor Assignments
- Case For High School Athletics
- Code of Conduct
- Core Values and Beliefs
- Ejections Information
- Endowment Corporate Donors
- Hall of Fame
- Health and Safety - (formerly Sports Medicine)
- Heat and Humidity Guidelines
- Host City Partners
- Lighting Standards
- Maps and Directions
- Middle School Information
- Mission Statement
- Open Dates
- Preferred Vendors
- Rules and Regulations
- Severe Weather Guidelines
- Spirit of Sport Award
- Sports Memorabilia Display
- Student Athlete Advisory Council
- Strategic Plan
- Tiebreaking Procedure
- Tobacco, Alcoholic and Controlled Substances
WRIGHT NEW FOOTBALL COACH AT GIBBONS
RALEIGH -- Steven Wright has been named the new head football coach at Cardinal Gibbons High School, the school has announced.
Wright will assume the coaching duties at Cardinal Gibbons after the departure of Henry Trevathan Jr., who left the school after one season to take over as head coach at Southern Alamance.
"It was just the perfect opportunity for me to build on the success that Mike Sheehan and Henry Trevathan have established the last few years," Wright said in a written statement.
Last season, Cardinal Gibbons finished the season 11-3, going undefeated in the Carolina 6 3-A Conference for the second consecutive season. The school has also reached the N.C. High School Athletic Association quarterfinals the last two seasons at the 3-A and 3-AA levels.
Wright served as the head coach at North Raleigh Christian Academy from 2003-2007 before joining the University of North Carolina staff in 2008. He has also served on the University of Central Florida coaching staff.
Wright graduated from Central Florida in 1994 with a degree in business administration and served as the captain of the football team at the school.
The new coach has begun his work at Cardinal Gibbons. He will be the ninth head football coach at the school since the school began playing football again in 1992.