Select a Topic
Information Not Specific to a Sport
- AAA Scholar-Athlete Program
- Accepted Exchange Programs
- Advertise With Us
- Archived Championship Centrals
- Athletes of the Year
- Athletic Directors Information
- Athletic Participation Numbers
- Regional Supervisor Assignments
- Case For High School Athletics
- Core Values and Beliefs
- Ejections Information
- Endowment Corporate Donors
- Hall of Fame
- Health and Safety - (formerly Sports Medicine)
- Heat and Humidity Guidelines
- Host City Partners
- Lighting Standards
- Maps and Directions
- Middle School Information
- Mission Statement
- Open Dates
- Preferred Vendors
- Rules and Regulations
- Severe Weather Guidelines
- Spirit of Sport Award
- Sports Memorabilia Display
- Student Athlete Advisory Council
- Strategic Plan
- Tiebreaking Procedure
- Tobacco, Alcoholic and Controlled Substances
SOUTHERN ALAMANCE NAMES NEW HEAD FOOTBALL COACH
Henry Trevathan Jr., has been hired as the next football coach at Southern Alamance.
Trevethan is leaving Cardinal Gibbons after one season to head the Southern Alamance program.
Trevathan, 53, is a former offensive coordinator at Elon. He also served on the football staffs for one year at Southern Alamance (2004) and Western Alamance (2005). He coached Cardinal Gibbons to an 11-3 record last year and into the third round of the Class 3-AA state playoffs.
Athletics director Sean Quinn of Southern Alamance said Trevathan was one of four finalists from about 80 applicants. Principal Dawn Madren said: “I feel very excited that he’s a good fit. It became very apparent he was exactly what we needed for our football program,” according to the Burlington Times-News.
Trevathan’s first head coaching job came when he spent seven years at Raleigh Broughton through 1990. He began as a 26-year-old after serving as a graduate assistant at North Carolina State. He also coached into the college ranks at Lenoir-Rhyne and Elon. He was at Elon from 1996-2003.