Select a Topic
Information Not Specific to a Sport
- 2013 BB&T/NCHSAA Football Championships Central
- AAA Scholar-Athlete Program
- Accepted Exchange Programs
- Advertise With Us
- Archived Championship Centrals
- Athletes of the Year
- Athletic Directors Information
- Athletic Participation Numbers
- Regional Supervisor Assignments
- Case For High School Athletics
- Code of Conduct
- Core Values and Beliefs
- Ejections Information
- Endowment Corporate Donors
- Hall of Fame
- Health and Safety - (formerly Sports Medicine)
- Heat and Humidity Guidelines
- Host City Partners
- Lighting Standards
- Maps and Directions
- Middle School Information
- Mission Statement
- Open Dates
- Preferred Vendors
- Rules and Regulations
- Severe Weather Guidelines
- Spirit of Sport Award
- Sports Memorabilia Display
- Student Athlete Advisory Council
- Strategic Plan
- Tiebreaking Procedure
- Tobacco, Alcoholic and Controlled Substances
FREEDOM HIGH SCHOOL CELEBRATES 1000th MEN'S BASKETBALL GAME
MORGANTON-- Freedom High School recently celebrated a milestone in its school history-- its 1,000th men's basketball game.
The school is in its 38th year and Patriot men's teams have compiled an amazing winning percentage of .734 during Freedom's men's basketball history. The school's first season was in 1973-74, and there have been only two years in school history in which the team finished below .500.
Former players and coaches were invited back to attend the game and be involved in the celebration.
Terry Rogers was the long-time head coach of the Patriots, compiling a brilliant 505-156 mark during his tenure, from the opening of the school through 1998. He guided the Patriots to a couple of North Carolina High School Athletic Association state 4-A championships in 1994 and '98.
His son Casey, who was an outstanding player at Freedom and went on to play at Western Carolina, is now the Patriot head coach.