Select a Topic
Information Not Specific to a Sport
- AAA Scholar-Athlete Program
- Accepted Exchange Programs
- Advertise With Us
- Archived Championship Centrals
- Athletes of the Year
- Athletic Directors Information
- Athletic Participation Numbers
- Regional Supervisor Assignments
- Case For High School Athletics
- Code of Conduct
- Core Values and Beliefs
- Ejections Information
- Endowment Corporate Donors
- Hall of Fame
- Health and Safety - (formerly Sports Medicine)
- Heat and Humidity Guidelines
- Host City Partners
- Lighting Standards
- Maps and Directions
- Middle School Information
- Mission Statement
- Open Dates
- Preferred Vendors
- Rules and Regulations
- Severe Weather Guidelines
- Spirit of Sport Award
- Sports Memorabilia Display
- Student Athlete Advisory Council
- Strategic Plan
- Tiebreaking Procedure
- Tobacco, Alcoholic and Controlled Substances
SALISBURY TOURNAMENT BIG SUCCESS
The Salisbury Post reported that the annual Sam Moir Christmas Tournament in Salisbury was once again a huge success.
The annual holiday basketball event is named in honor of legendary Catawba College basketball coach Sam Moir and draws capacity crowds.
The championship night, with Salisbury taking both the women's and men's titles, may have been a record-setter, according to Catawba athletics director Dennis Davidson. The crowd grew so large that there was discussion about cutting off ticket sales since there was standing room only before the men's championship started.
Goodman Gymnasium, home of Catawba College basketball and the site of the Moir tournament, seats 2,650.
The Moir tournament has become one of the highlights of the sports year in Rowan County.