Select a Topic
Information Not Specific to a Sport
- 2013 BB&T/NCHSAA Football Championships Central
- AAA Scholar-Athlete Program
- Accepted Exchange Programs
- Advertise With Us
- Archived Championship Centrals
- Athletes of the Year
- Athletic Directors Information
- Athletic Participation Numbers
- Regional Supervisor Assignments
- Case For High School Athletics
- Code of Conduct
- Core Values and Beliefs
- Ejections Information
- Endowment Corporate Donors
- Hall of Fame
- Health and Safety - (formerly Sports Medicine)
- Heat and Humidity Guidelines
- Host City Partners
- Lighting Standards
- Maps and Directions
- Middle School Information
- Mission Statement
- Open Dates
- Preferred Vendors
- Rules and Regulations
- Severe Weather Guidelines
- Spirit of Sport Award
- Sports Memorabilia Display
- Student Athlete Advisory Council
- Strategic Plan
- Tiebreaking Procedure
- Tobacco, Alcoholic and Controlled Substances
VAD LEE EARNS ASSOCIATED PRESS HONOR
RALEIGH -- The Wendy's Most Valuable Player of the North Carolina High School Athletic Association state 4-A football championship has received another honor.
After leading Durham Hillside to the state championship with a convincing 40-0 victory over Davie County, senior quarterback Vad Lee has been named The Associated Press prep football player of the year for North Carolina in 2010.
Lee was the runaway winner, earning 11 of 15 votes from sports writers across the state. He had 264 yards passing and three touchdowns in the state championship game.
Charlotte Mallard Creek quarterback Marquise Williams was second with three votes after piling up 4,500 total yards and 65 total touchdowns.
Lee, who played for the North Carolina team in the Shrine Bowl and has committed to Georgia Tech, threw for 3,223 yards and 30 touchdowns. He also ran for 1,300 yards and 22 scores for the Hornets.