Select a Topic
Information Not Specific to a Sport
- AAA Scholar-Athlete Program
- Accepted Exchange Programs
- Advertise With Us
- Archived Championship Centrals
- Athletes of the Year
- Athletic Directors Information
- Athletic Participation Numbers
- Regional Supervisor Assignments
- Case For High School Athletics
- Code of Conduct
- Core Values and Beliefs
- Ejections Information
- Endowment Corporate Donors
- Hall of Fame
- Health and Safety - (formerly Sports Medicine)
- Heat and Humidity Guidelines
- Host City Partners
- Lighting Standards
- Maps and Directions
- Middle School Information
- Mission Statement
- Open Dates
- Preferred Vendors
- Rules and Regulations
- Severe Weather Guidelines
- Spirit of Sport Award
- Sports Memorabilia Display
- Student Athlete Advisory Council
- Strategic Plan
- Tiebreaking Procedure
- Tobacco, Alcoholic and Controlled Substances
EIGHTH ANNUAL NCHSAA INVITATIONAL CHEERLEADING CHAMPIONSHIP SCHEDULED
RALEIGH-- The eighth annual North Carolina High School Athletic Association state invitational cheerleading championships are scheduled for Saturday at the Raleigh Convention Center.
A record number of 133 teams have registered to compete in the event, featuring over 2,000 cheerleaders.
Competition will be held in 12 different categories. The doors open at 7 am and competition will begin at 8:30 Saturday morning.
The Carolina Cup will also be awarded during the course of competition. Cheer Ltd., Inc., an NCHSAA corporate partner that assists with the invitational championship, established the Carolina Cup to recognize annually the top high school varsity cheerleading team in the state. The team that earns the highest cumulative score among varsity teams during the invitational championship earns the Cup.
Raleigh Millbrook won the Carolina Cup last year. Previous winners include Jamestown Ragsdale in 2008, Raleigh Cardinal Gibbons in 2007, North Gaston in 2006 and Raleigh Sanderson took the Cup in its inaugural year in 2005.
The Raleigh Sports Consortium is the primary host city sponsor for the event.