Select a Topic
Information Not Specific to a Sport
- 2013 BB&T/NCHSAA Football Championships Central
- AAA Scholar-Athlete Program
- Accepted Exchange Programs
- Advertise With Us
- Archived Championship Centrals
- Athletes of the Year
- Athletic Directors Information
- Athletic Participation Numbers
- Regional Supervisor Assignments
- Case For High School Athletics
- Code of Conduct
- Core Values and Beliefs
- Ejections Information
- Endowment Corporate Donors
- Hall of Fame
- Health and Safety - (formerly Sports Medicine)
- Heat and Humidity Guidelines
- Host City Partners
- Lighting Standards
- Maps and Directions
- Middle School Information
- Mission Statement
- Open Dates
- Preferred Vendors
- Rules and Regulations
- Severe Weather Guidelines
- Spirit of Sport Award
- Sports Memorabilia Display
- Student Athlete Advisory Council
- Strategic Plan
- Tiebreaking Procedure
- Tobacco, Alcoholic and Controlled Substances
CHAPEL HILL⎯ North Carolina High School Athletic Association state championships in two classifications of indoor track will be decided on Saturday.
The 23rd annual indoor track event, with competition classified as 4-A and then 1-A/2-A/3-A together for the third consecutive year, will take place at the Eddie Smith Indoor Arena on the UNC campus.
The 1-A/2-A/3-A meet will get underway at nine o’clock Saturday morning with field events and running finals, and then the 4-A is scheduled to start at 4 p.m.
Southeast Raleigh has been an indoor track force in women’s competition, winning the last three 4-A team championships, while New Bern and East Forsyth finished in a dead heat for the top spot among 4-A men a year ago.
Burlington Cummings has won both of the 1-A/2-A/3-A women’s state titles while Mooresville is the defending champ on the men’s side.
Wendy’s is the presenting sponsor of the NCHSAA sports programs. The Chapel Hill host city sponsors include the town of Chapel Hill, the Chapel Hill-Carrboro Chamber of Commerce, the Chapel Hill/Orange County Visitors Bureau, Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina, BB&T and UNC Health Care.