Select a Topic
Information Not Specific to a Sport
- AAA Scholar-Athlete Program
- Accepted Exchange Programs
- Advertise With Us
- Archived Championship Centrals
- Athletes of the Year
- Athletic Directors Information
- Athletic Participation Numbers
- Regional Supervisor Assignments
- Case For High School Athletics
- Code of Conduct
- Core Values and Beliefs
- Ejections Information
- Endowment Corporate Donors
- Hall of Fame
- Health and Safety - (formerly Sports Medicine)
- Heat and Humidity Guidelines
- Host City Partners
- Lighting Standards
- Maps and Directions
- Middle School Information
- Mission Statement
- Open Dates
- Preferred Vendors
- Rules and Regulations
- Severe Weather Guidelines
- Spirit of Sport Award
- Sports Memorabilia Display
- Student Athlete Advisory Council
- Strategic Plan
- Tiebreaking Procedure
- Tobacco, Alcoholic and Controlled Substances
Charles A. “Chuck” Clements of Gastonia.
The late Chuck Clements spent a lifetime involved in athletics and education in North Carolina.
A long-time resident of Gastonia, Clements was a standout athlete at Bessemer City High School and then continued his career at Catawba College, where he played three sports and was a member of that school’s Tangerine Bowl teams in 1946 and ‘47.
He went on to coach at both Fayetteville and Gastonia High Schools, and then had a stint as football and baseball coach at Davidson College before getting into schoo l administration. He was an elementary school principal from 1958 through 1984.
Perhaps his greatest service to the NCHSAA was as an outstanding basketball and football official and as a booking agent for officials. He booked basketball officials in his area of the state for an amazing 54 years and was tremendously well respected by coaches, officials and administrators alike.
Chuck was involved in many civic and church activities, including being a lifelong member of the Gideons. He was honored with induction into the North Carolina High School Athletic Association Hall of Fame in 1997.